Monday, February 13, 2017

Love is a verb



Tomorrow is one of the more, er, celebrated holidays of the year. It’s Valentine’s Day. It could be said that it’s one of the more commercialized holidays exploited in the name of love. Red hearts exploding everywhere, sappy love songs on the radio, advertisements for roses by the dozen and enough chocolate candy on sale to stock a diabetic heaven. 

Hey, when I was single I didn’t mind the holiday; I lived for the extra sappy Hallmark-style made for tv movies, and chocolate, of course. Then I met my now hubby; a good, old farmer boy with a rakish smile and a rascal at heart. 

He set the bar high, let me tell you. He sent gorgeous roses in hues of the sun and a video he made just for me. In that video he climbed the highest mountain (a hill), the highest height (the bin) and sang love songs while groovin’ like the King. Yeah, I knew I was most definitely a goner by the end of that video. He even tramped out a large heart in the yard in the snow for that. 

This year I realized that I don’t want to only take on Valentine’s day (and make him feel compelled to ‘do’ something) but I want to give to him as well. Tough thing is, is he is hard to shop for AND his birthday is right around the corner as well.  Uff da. So I settled on a fancy meal and spoiled him rotten with baked delights. Cupcakes anyone? I’ve been working hard to make him feel appreciated if not a little spoiled this week. Since curling handily (or not) falls on Valentine’s this year, we’ve been celebrating early. (He did surprise with a beautiful, happy bouquet of daisies, mums, carnations mix. As well as flowers for his mom and his grandma. Aww.) Extra hugs, kisses and cuddles on the couch are hard to beat.

Challenge yourself this year and don’t only revel in the love but love on that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sending the H-F.W a message! I appreciate the time and thought to do so and will reply as promptly as possible.