Monday, March 13, 2017

Pi Day



I enjoy Pi day because who doesn’t like to eat a slice of delicious pie in honor of Pi day? Of course, that really only works when I remember it’s Pi day. My sister always remembers Pi day. If she has the time, she’ll grab a friend and find a café for slice of heaven in a crust. 

This year I actually remembered (and wrote it down on the calendar) Pi day was near. Unfortunately Pi day didn’t coincide with my being in the same locale as my sister so I did the next best thing. I called up a local café and bakery and ordered a pie for her. The mission, should she choose to accept, was to go and pick up a pie for me . . .  and eat it. 

Choosing a pie at random, over the phone, no less is a tough decision to make. Apple and cherry I consider to be good basics because you can’t go wrong with either. Then I figured that would be too bland and easy of a choice so I spun a thought out there for the voice on the other end of the phone and he agreed. Seeing as how they didn’t specify which kind of pies they were offering to make, I winged it and went for a crowd favorite, coconut cream pie. 

I got an enthusiastic call from her later that day. The pie had been a hit! Turns out the bakery had baked a pie crust cutout of the Pi symbol for added flair for each pie. A pretty neat idea as it turned out. 

In honor of the day, I had pretty, delicious macrons. A delicate puff of pastry but so worth the indulgence they were my nod to Pi day. They were a gift from my thoughtful sister in-law for my birthday that had passed several days before. Did I really need to bake myself a pie when I had these around?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sending the H-F.W a message! I appreciate the time and thought to do so and will reply as promptly as possible.